Another update - barrel profiling and installing the barrel extension.

I didn't take many pictures of barrel profiling, was too busy dodging chips. (just turning the blank down from 1.25" to 1" makes a lot of chips, then profiling started from there.) I kept the profile simple - 1" at the shank, .875" to the gas block, .750" at the gas block and .746" to the muzzle. I may add some flats or fluting later, but not at this point.
Note the different chips piled up - piles of golden bronze C and 6 shapes from roughing with heavy cuts, and then fine curly silver hair from the finishing cuts.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Piles of this stuff everywhere, including my pockets, hair, and they stick in your shoes. I had to clean the floor after every pass down the barrel. The gold/bronze color is from heat; if we were pushing a little harder the chips would be blue and purple.

A bit of polishing with emery cloth and then Simichrome on a paper towel cleaned up the barrel to a nice shine. (I don't use shop rags on the lathe, but paper towel can just rip if it gets caught instead of winding up your fingers/hand/etc.)
BTW that ugly chunk of cardboard back there was to keep chips and cutting oil off of the wall, but it fell down during my project and I didn't bother to fix it.

No pics of contouring or polishing the front end of the barrel, so on to crowning the muzzle. I cut an 11° target crown on this one and finished the OD with a small chamfer.

A little polishing, and the crown is done (sorry for the fuzzy pic):