I'm in the process of whittling my arsenal down too. It gets tough figuring out what to send down the road. But I agree with what RinB says.

Originally Posted by RinB
I have never figured out how to use more than one firearm at a time. 😋

Still, I like the idea of having some backups or alternatives so don't plan on going down to only one rifle at this point.

Based on what the OP says, I'd keep the Kimber 308 which sounds like is his main duty rifle that could really serve as his only rifle if he were to take it all the way down to one. Keep the 1903-A3 .30-06 because of its sentimental value and practical in it's own right, but I question does it still get used? Perhaps a moment of clarity will determine its future down the road. Punt.

Keep the Winchester 94 30-30. It's the classic woods and thick brush rifle for a reason and shooting with iron sights is fun outside of the very dimmest minutes of twilight.

I don't really see the need to keep either Tikka other than one can be a backup for the Kimber .308 if the 1903 isn't getting used for that duty. However, getting rid of it because it can shoot flatter for a little further than the .308 is a moot point since the .308 can shoot further than the 30-30 when 95% of your shots are probably at 30-30 ranges. Send the other Tikka down the road and ask yourself do you really see yourself using the Tikka 270 enough to justify keeping it? The fact it is super accurate is great and argument to keep, but will you use it? Cash is easy to use and far more versatile.

I tend to agree with your preferences on scope magnification since I hunt in thick woods and brush. 8x is more than ample on the top end. I'm not familiar with Vortex but like the configuration and #4 reticle. Wish Leupold hadn't jacked their reticle change fee up. I'd like to try the #4 in my VX-III 1.75-6 and possibly in my 2.5-8 as well. Figure out what scopes you will keep, but I'd advise keeping an extra or two around in the event you have a scope failure or need to troubleshoot accuracy gone awry.

I don't have enough experience shotgun hunting to give good advice there. I really should remedy that.