This latest act of terror really struck a chord with me. When I was there from 06 through my retirement in 08, I had an average of 1250 Ensigns,2nd Its from USMC, USAF and a host of countries. One of my greatest pleasures was addressing every new class as they started their first week of academics at the "Puzzle Palace" (BLDG 633). That place has been there for over 80 years and it is now forever tainted by this horrible event. <y wife and youngest daughter were visiting my FIL who lives across the Bayou and heard the commotion, sirens and the "shelter in place" alarm over the base speaker systems. I'm still waiting on the names of the other two Americans killed and hope they were not folks I knew whilst I was there. I will wait until this passes, but I have to ask' where were the organic Department Of the Navy Police and the Master At Arms patrols? why did they have to wait for Escambia Sheriffs and not engage prior? Their HQ is less than a quarter mile away....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”