Yep. I found it. A new 1.5" UTC, NFCS, just like I've always wanted. Gonna' pull the trigger and order it Monday, unless you fellers can talk some sense into me. The fellers on the 1911 forum were no help at all, as they all vigorously cheered me on. The problem is, if I order this pistol, I'll blow my budget by at least $700.00. My thinking is, what the heck, I've wanted one of these for years and years, and I'm not getting any younger + NFCS Baers are not easily found on the used market. I know I'll love it (a considerable amount more than my first wife) but I don't really want to spend this much cash on a 1911... but there it is, ready for the taking. How can I pass it up?

I have also wanted a blued carbon steel Valor for quite some time and, in fact, I found one a few weeks ago; bought it on the word of the seller that it was in 9.5 condition. Unfortunately, when I received the blued Valor, I found that his description was overly optimistic - the finish was beat to hell with scratches and dings all over it. Needless to say, I returned the pistol during my inspection period.

The Baer was the first semi-custom 1911 I've wanted... Well, second, after the Wilsons I drooled over as a teen. So, I've looked at Wilsons, Nighthawks, Ed Browns, the Springfield Professional and a few others, but all those were really just a pipe dream, b/c even used, I wasn't willing to spend nearly 3K or more for one of them.

I strongly dislike spray and bake finishes, I'm not wild about SS, and finding a blued version of any of the above 1911s on the used market is extremely rare. So, my choice basically boiled down to the following: 1) wait for another blued carbon steel Valor to come up for sale, 2) Get a Colt Wiley Clapp and send it in to a 'smiff, to get it wrenched on the way I want it, or 3) bite the bullet and blow my budget to get the 1.5" UTC, NFCS I've always wanted.

So I'm gonna' order the 1.5", UTC, NFCS, on Monday...

I'm stoked to order it, but hesitant to spend the cash.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue