johnw:

Believe me, I understand & as I stated above, I am hesitant about spending this amount on a 1911. For years, I have periodically looked for a premium 1911 at a reasonable price. I wanted a blued Valor, which I considered relatively expensive for around $1.3 - 1.5K, and that was my budget, but I've had a hard time finding one (I really didn't want a SS or Duty Treated SS Valor).

Then I considered a Colt Wiley Clapp, and while I realize that the Clapp is perfectly fine out of the box, I would want to send it into a competent 1911 'smith to customize to my liking, which would probably end up costing as much or [likely] more than the Baer UTC, 1.5," NFCS, not to mention the long wait associated with such custom work and thus the time without my new pistol.

I've wanted a Baer for a long time and and I now have an opportunity to get one, the way I want it; albeit, at a price that blows my budget, but for a reasonable price by Baer standards, and certainly less than a Wilson, Ed Brown, Nighthawk or Springfield Professional - even used examples.

I know it's gonna' be an outstanding pistol.

Last edited by High_Noon; 12/08/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue