Originally Posted by High_Noon
THR: Indeed, hence my previous plan of sending a Clapp into a 'smiff to get it wrenched on, which would likely increase the cost North of what I paid for the UTC.

local_dirt: Yep. That's what I've read and I'm sure I'll love it.

Mackay_Sagebrush: I like Colts as well, but I don't want to have to deal with sending it in to modify and the high expense and long wait associated with that whole endeavor.

41magfan: I think your comparison holds true, and you're correct that Baer is probably one of the best values out there. Baers are certainly one of the most accurate as well.

I consider most any 1911s as diamonds in the rough. They are going to need to be cut and polished to shine. The amount depends on what you start with, and Colts are the baseline I tend to prefer, though I own other brands. High end guns like Baer, Wilson and Brown usually need very little if anything and often it is simply a matter of refining them to suit personal tastes. Reliability and accuracy, (more often than not) are already there.

I agree with the observation/opinion that Baer tends to be one of the better values when it comes to guns that are not mass production types. Their accuracy takes a back seat to no one, they tend to run well (for guys who run guns a lot, vs the guy who puts 150 rounds a year through his). The only ding I would give Baers over others, is that their blued finish in the past has been thin, and my own is no exception. That however is not big deal for me, as I tend to wear the bluing off guns anyway through use, but for some people who are more into ownership, fondling/collecting etc it may be a valid concern.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com