Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I have a set of these for my van but in 11 years since I bought it, I've never used them. They also fit my camp trailer so I carry them in there in case I get nasty roads during hunting season. I've never needed them there, either, so they're unused. I don't know how durable they are.
They can be pulled very tight to protect delicate stuff under the wheel wells. They're quite easy to put on once you've tried it a couple times.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These are slick as goose crap.

I didn't believe in them at first, but someone here posted a review.

Walmart carries them. Self-tightening. Easy on.

Not heavy by any means but that makes them perfect for cars or occasional light use.

I will throw them on if I get into crap crossing Wyoming in the middle of the night and they haven't started plowing yet or if it is really icy.

I carry a set of heavy chains with cam tighteners for when stuff gets real.

I have to go over Donner on Monday and Tuesday, and these are in the minivan. Even though it has brand new Blizzaks on it, and I will park the darn thing if they won't cut it.

The problem with California CHP is that they use the chain control to slow people down on the mountain. If there is a CHANCE of a snowflake on the mountain, the signs go up, and the chain check stations will turn you around if you don't have chains on your drive axle or 4WD.

It is insane, it is rips the pavement to shreds (think 400 semi's an hour at 80,000 lbs churning chains on bare pavement), it causes untold $ in vehicle damage, but it's Cali, and so it's what you would expect.... SNAFU.

Sic Semper Tyrannis