Hey Dutch,

Safe travels over that hill. Doesn't look too bad right now:

[img]http://cwwp2.dot.ca.gov/vm/loc/d3/hwy80athwy89.htm[/img]

Yep, pain in the ass when they start closing them. I always try to remember of those 400 trucks per hour, 10%-20% minimum are driven by South Asians who have hardly ever seen snow in their lives, much less driven 80K pounds of tractor and freight over Donner Summit. And there's another 20% or so from Eastern Europe and Russia who's attitude is probably "We drove through worse from Gdansk to Irkutsk, while drinking wodka" so they think they can pass their truckin' buddies going up or down that hill.

Wish there was a way around it. Maybe leave it open until someone goes over the edge?

What really amazes me is folks who live in, and have for awhile, that think because they have an SUV with AWD and Antilock brakes, they can just go down the road at whatever speed they desire. Seems like when I lived in Juneau, there was at least one new one in the center divider or off in the bar ditch every morning in the winter.

Again, safe and prosperous journey.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?