This rifle isn’t much of a flipper. It’s in rough shape. As best I can tell, the barrel is shot out. I bought it at a pawn shop for $325 dollars. The stock was chopped, so I found a second hand McMillan that is no prize winner to put it in. I scrubbed the barrel for what seemed like an eternity trying to get it to come clean. Never really got there, but got it close I guess. I then went to loading for it, but the only bullet I could get to shoot reasonably well out of it was the 125 Sierra ProHunter.

I suppose I could hold out for a magnum pre-64 in similar condition, but... who knows how long that could be or what I might end up with. I’ve owned the rifle for over 5 years at this point and I haven’t killed anything with it; mostly just thought about what I would do with it. I’ve been around and around but I’n ready to pull the trigger on rebarreling and putting it in a nice stock, and putting some nice glass on it.

I’ve got a rental home with some nice equity that I’m selling. The wife and I are kicking butt on our mortgage and are otherwise debt free. I have more deer rifles than I’ll ever need, but no 6.5s. The idea of an efficient, long range, economical (reloading components) and easy shooting killer is what I’m after. I’ve looked at a new EW SS in 264WM, and it was nice, but I’m thinking what I want is a rifle that will take advantage of these wonderful bullets we have. It will be nice to take a pinch off the proceeds from this house sale to build the rifle how I want it.

I appreciate all the input. Talking about it is getting me excited.