Using the hawk head alone makes it a handy tool for cutting meat, veggies, whatever the fugg and skinning. Plus makes travel with it a little easier if you want.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This one is a riggers (or carpenter's) axe head that I put on a handle I removed from a 36" full sized axe. I cut it down, reshaped handle and obviously shaped it to fit the much smaller eye on the riggers head, it's now a 23" handle.

It's about a 1 1/2 pound head but it also has the hardened hammer poll so you can drive stakes, nails, crush heads or whatever the fug you'd do with a hammer. I'm going to make another like it so I have one for each vehicle. One of these or the tomahawk would be my choice. Playing with game/food etc I'd pick the hawk. If you gonna be Johnny builder and hammer some shiet, go with the riggers. Though I do like the longer handle. Typically they come with 13-17 inch handles, again neither fish nor fowl.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'