Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by Judman
Copy, my 358 is threaded too, which is dumb

Only seems dumb until you figure out how much fun it is with suppressed subsonic 250gr bullets. Or with a suppressed 158gr hollow point that duplicates 38 Special loads. (Hint, laughin, etc, you know the drill... smile )

Seriously though, there are a lot of interesting possibilities for suppressed use of a 35 cal rifle, and it's got the suppressed 30 cal stuff beat hands-down.

With a 9mm suppressor...right?? I have thought about this, too. But I'd have to check and see if my suppressor can take it. It's a TiRant, and I think it's aluminum??

For subsonics - yeah most 9mm cans should be able to handle that with the right load. Depends on the can - I think a TiRant should be able to handle it, but check with AAC. If it can handle 308 subsonic loads, it'll handle 358. For full power 358 Win loads though, you'd need to step up to something like a Liberty Mystic that'll handle rifle rounds; some manufacturers have been willing to bore out their 30 caliber cans too on a custom basis, I'd be inclined to look into a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 or 9 for that if they'll do it. (Full power loads are worth suppressing too, and make shooting a lot more pleasant even though there is still down-range crack.)

Build your subsonic loads with fast pistol powders - stay in the burn rate range between Clays and Unique. Some guys like Trail Boss, but IMO with various subsonic rifle cartridges I prefer some of the other powders like Bullseye, Clays, or Green Dot for more consistent velocity. Also, cast/coated bullets are way easier to develop subsonic loads with, and a decent cast hollow point can be a devastating deer killer in subsonic loads.

BTW - that Ti-Rant is so named because of the titanium (Ti) outer tube. The inner baffles are mostly aluminum though, with a 17-4 stainless blast baffle. It's a good suppressor.