I have two presently, a 270 and a 257 Roberts. Took forever to get the 257 right but the 270 is a solid better than MOA rifle and was from the start. The 257 finally settled down and shoots almost as well as the 270. A long time ago I got caught up in the messy business of culling some deer off of a ranch. The Biologists said we needed to remove 200 deer! I used my 6MM Remington on around 50 using Hornady's 100 gr. BTSP. Everything was closer than 200 yards and the deer were small and suffering from malnutrition and related diseases. I shot everything either in the shoulder or in the neck and every deer dropped in place. Doesn't prove much but that bullet was very destructive on those under 100 pound deer. They were all so poor you wouldn't think of eating them anyway. I am in the throes of ordering a barrel for a short actioned Remington and trying to figure out what a 6MM Creedmoor could do better than a 6MM Remington. I won't shoot any of the longer bullets but may use the 105 gr. Hornady HPBT some. Seemed that the 6MM Remington actually got pretty good barrel life, better than the 243 maybe.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]