If anyone has pictures in photobucket that they did not have backed-up they are not lost or degraded like the show up now in old posts. They can be retrieved and come back in the original resolution (or close).

1- sign into your old account on photobucket, a screen might come up with a message and give an option to upgrade to a paid subscription, you can get past that.

2- select any combination of folders & individual pictures that you want to retrieve.

3- select the down load icon & wait for a pop-up at the bottom of the screen and pick an option
[Linked Image]

when it's done an explorer window will pop-up showing the new downloaded .zip file.

if it doesn't come up, or you want to deal with it later,you can open explorer by right clicking on the start icon, select the folder 'downloads'. .
[Linked Image]

for this I sort by date so the new files are on top, right click on the .zip file & a box will pop-up.
[Linked Image]

from there you get options for changing location and the name & then it does the rest.
[Linked Image]

When done you end up with the original .zip file and a folder with the retrieved files so your using up disk space, the size of the .zip is slightly smaller so saving that for long term might be a good option, you don't need both.

Individual pictures can be retrieved from the .zip file by opening it & then opening the picture but there seems to not be any thumbnails until the pictures are opened so it's harder to find a specific photo.
[Linked Image]

I used to be able to get individual pictures by opening them for viewing in photobucket & then coping them and pasting into an image editor(paint worked fine) - that does not seem to work now, I can still do it but the photo's come out at a much lower resolution, but they are clear.

Here is one of the pictures I just retrieved from my photobucket and put in the picture gallery here - below it is a link to the one as hosted by photobucket (it appears new direct links to this old file will not work?)
[Linked Image]

as hosted through photobucket - fuzzy picture

attempt at linking to the same picture here -
[Linked Image]

It has to take more programming & computer time for them to host them this way then to just let the just post un-messed with.

Gene