Originally Posted by Ed_T
Originally Posted by Andy3
These have been the best I've used, by a long shot. They are quiet, and fit snug around your leg.

Kevlar material, and a steel cable instep strap. Mine have seen around 5 years of hard use, and still look like new.

The only down side is the owner (Davey Hughes) can't keep his mouth shut about US gun laws......

https://www.swazi.co.nz/Product/AGB/ALI-GAITER

Andy3

How does the cable do in snow?
I built some Gaiters quiet a number of years ago and used stainless steel cable for the instep strap, thinking that would work great. And it did until the cable got micro frays and then the snow balled up something terrible.

The cable does great in snow. I spend alot of time chasing chukar and huns in sharp lava rocks. Just now looking at the kevlar gaiters, there is 1"-1.5" that the plastic has worn off the cables, on each one. The exposed cable is still smooth to the touch.

The gaiters are held up with velcro around the top of the gaiters, that fit above your calves. Only on the hardest of hunts, do I have to readjust them, and then only once or twice a day. The body of the gaiter fits snug, and has a back panel that stretches to fit your calf.

I bought these to keep from destroying the bottom of my light wool pants (first lite). They have paid for themselves in that aspect alone.

Andy3