Are your 1903's the 1914 versions which are the ones being discussed? I would find it hard to believe you have even one of them without cracks, the ones pictured here are the 1914 versions and have the same stock design as the Model 1914's which also have the cracking problem. I have a number of this version and some 1914's and of all of them the only ones with out cracked stocks are a couple parts guns that don't have a stock!

What makes you think there would be no concerns shooting higher pressure ammunition in any gun not designed for it not matter the caliber? I don't think Savage would go through all the trouble of making a warning stamp if their designer did not see issues. I have a number of older 22 parts guns with damage to the locking surfaces which I think had to be due to using ammunition they weren't made to handle. The Savage 1904's are often found with the bolt handles welded or brazed back in and sometimes with cracks in the receiver, the last 1904 produced were stamped "REGULAR CARTRIDGE" under the caliber stamp as a warning against the Hi-Speed, several Stevens models are stamped the same. I have the added warning stamp on a couple 1903.s, a 1912, a 1914, an early 29, a Stevens 75 pump and a Stevens No 10 pistol. Marlin had to strengthen the bolts on there 22 lever actions in the early 1930's due to cracking caused by the new ammunition.

Gene