Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
It is with heavy heart I bring you the news that long-time forum member tomk died in a Christmas Eve accident while cutting down a tree near his home in Michigan.

Anyone who dealt with Tom here on the boards or in person knew he was old-school in terms of honesty, respect, trust and integrity. We shared a passion for low-light optics and numerous times sent each other our latest scope to check out. When it came to long-range dialing of alpha glass or technical features and idiosyncrasies of both scopes and binoculars, Tom knew more than anyone I have ever spoken with. His range of expertise spanned subjects too broad to even try and mention.

I had the honor of meeting Tom and his lovely wife Carol this past summer. They were heading southwest from their Michigan home to see one of their children and decided to significantly lengthen their trip and swing through south-central Texas on the off-chance that my health would cooperate and allow us to meet and visit for a while. I am certainly glad they did.

I don't know that I ever conversed with TomK but this is sad news for sure.

Prayers to his family and those of you who knew him personally.

Dave