Well, we used to rationalize using RN bullets with the old “brush-busting” myth, because it made sense to us, but mostly, RN bullets were customary to those of us who were too young to know anything first-hand about M2 ball and other spire point bullets in the ‘06. Hell, we bought our ammo at the corner gas station and the plumbing and heating store, and RNs were what they carried! A lot of us graduated to the ‘06 as the first rifle we bought with our own money. As for me, in 1968 I paid $70 for a used but pristine 760 with the fancy, glossy stock. I had worked six days a week all summer washing pots and pans in a hot kitchen at $40 a week plus room and board. I moved up from the hand-me-down Savage 340 chambered in .30-30. It went to my younger brother as his first centerfire rifle, and was handed down twice more. So we all graduated from .30-30 150-grain Remmy RN Core-Lokts to 180-grain ‘06 RN Core-Lokts just as a matter of fact!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs