I had two of these in 22 mag. I traded the first for a cosmetic issue that bugged me. Both of these guns would shoot pretty close to 1" five shot groups at 100 yards. I shot 30gr Vmax exclusively in both. Maybe with calipers actual groups are more like 1 1/4 inch. Most rimfire shooting is done at 50 yards and those are really very small looking 1/2 groups. This is very good for a cheap gun and it takes a careful measure to see the improvement with my CZ. I like the gun design and the rotary magazine.

I replaced the trigger adjustment spring. I feel the center safety bar on the trigger allow me to set a lighter pull than I would normally attempt on a gun not so equipped. Some remove that, and IMHO, that is a big mistake.

I dont have this Ruger in 22LR, but; I have had very good accuracy with all my rimfire guns in 22LR guns using CCI Standard Velocity. I dont hunt with 22LR but; I have a friend who uses CCI mini-mags. I would try both of those and call it quits. If your accuracy stinks with cci std, then end of game. I mean it is not the ammo, it is the gun. By stinks, over 1" average for 5 shots at 50 yards.

I generally tighten the front action screw first. I forget the spec. then snug the rear screw, not much pressure. That is a pretty good rule. There are two little metal inserts in the plastic stock and I dont recall any sensitivity to screw tension. Good and simple system.

I have seen some Ruger where the stock twisted and put side pressure on the barrel. I got mine off the rack and picked guns were the barrel was centered in the stock. This is no1 would look for. The stock is thin enough, I image shooting with a sling could be a problem. I dont know. I like the light weight and dont care about target shooting with this one.

Ruger has also shipped some rifles with the front sight off center. Leaning to the side. Looks bad and will not zero. Check that no2.

Edit: I just saw your bedding question. The thin hollow plastic stock is not something I would bed. The barrel floats. If you are worried about harmonics and pressure points, then get the shortest barrel. That is probably as far as I would go for tuning. I had both barrel lengths and did not see any problem and no need to worry. But if I was concerned, FWIW. all equal - the short barrel will always be stiffer. The short barrel is easier to carry. Some people think the long barrel is more manly or what ever.