Originally Posted by Higbean
I was more curious as to any problems you've had with nitride.

I'm 100% with you on a Stainless bbl, but missing the concern on the nitrided action.

You seen the Trijicon wind reading binos?

Range to 5,000 and wind to 500.

Only $8,000

Would be a fun tool to have with a skookum rimfire in hand.

'bean,

In fairness and to be concise,they(Trijicon Ventus) are NOT a Binocular...rather a Monocular. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It's elder Technology(Lidar ain't "new"),applied closer to Joe Average and it's of course welcomed. Who the fhuqk WOULDN'T welcome a Wind Reader,if only as a tool to quantify readins from the hip? Personally,I've less than zero interest,in a cumbersome/heavy Monocular. Nice thing is,others will follow suit and it'll eventually be incorporated in a Bino,with abilities much exceeding the current 500yd threshold and simply become mainstream. When that becomes reality,I'll be there. Hint.(grin)

I'll keep shooting my Base 10 Mantra,until that time.

I'm soooooooo not a fhuqking Coatings Guy. I'll NEVER understand a CM Custom Action,nor a CM spout in this day & age. Metallurgy is metallurgy,to the chagrin of Excuse makers everywhere!

Hint...................(grin)

'22,

You are in a better LR realm than I,due simply to Atmospherics. I can reach the 700yd line and small change all in,with more than a few 22LR platforms...but 52 Mils will only take a guy so far,mechanically. That's as per current typical configurations and 10x MQ's bottomed THE fhuqk out in erector travel/50yd zero. I'm not into adding more inclination,to hand crosshair intersection away and paste a 50yd zero 5 Mil's above same. Hint. Congratulations?!?

There is NO fun,like Long Range Rimfire FUN.

Hint.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."