Ok, Joe told me this story about a church that's a couple miles, through the woods, from where I live. I remember them doing the work, but I didn't know why.

This church was a small frame building that was set on blocks. Just a one room church with a door on the opposite end of the building from the pulpit, like most churches are. No air conditioning, just ceiling fans and those great big windows for air circulation.

Anyway, it was summertime, they were having a funeral and the preacher had the congregation really stirred up. They was a shouting, praying, clapping hands, and stomping the feet, had the small church building a shaking. All of a sudden the latch gave on the casket, the body shot up and almost out on the floor. Joe said you could have heard the screams a mile away, pandemonium set in and people started pushing and shoving, jumping over the pews, what ever it took to get out the one door.

The preacher shot out from behind the pulpit and headed for the door, but got knocked down. Picked himself up and took off for the door just to get knocked down, again. Got up, looked around, and as he jumped out one of the windows shouted, "Damn a church with just one door".

A few days later they cut a hole in the wall, installed a door and steps, directly behind the pulpit.

Dad and I wired an outside light and switch for the new door.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21