Originally Posted by antlers
I will never, no NEVER, leave you or forsake you. - God

Some people have abandoned church and religion once and for all, and have walked away from all churches and all religion. Because they're 'on' to it, they see through it, and consequently they want to have nothing to do with it.
Jesus came to establish something brand new. A new arrangement between God and man. He gave a supreme command, and this supreme command was to be the filter through which we view all other commands. This supreme command was to serve for us as an ethic through which we make all of our decisions. When we're not sure what to do, ask 'what does love require of me...?' When we're not sure what to do, stop and pause and ask the question 'what does love require of me...?' He came to establish a new movement of people that was for all people, all ethnic groups, all nations, all generations, forever and ever. A new movement where love would replace law keeping, where self sacrifice would replace animal sacrifice, where love for God would be demonstrated, illustrated, and authenticated by love for others. If you're in church and you have something wrong between you and God, but you also have something wrong between you and another person...God can wait. Go and make things right with that other person. This was something unheard of, it was something brand new. And this is what Jesus taught. The only thing that counts is faith (love for God) expressing itself through love (for others). It is the essence of following Jesus. When applied correctly, grace solves just about everything.
Beautiful, but lacking.

Originally Posted by antlers
I will never, no NEVER, leave you or forsake you. - God
But some forsake God. How do they do this? See below.

Jesus came to establish something brand new. A new arrangement between God and man. He gave a supreme command, and this supreme command was to be the filter through which we view all other commands. This supreme command was to serve for us as an ethic through which we make all of our decisions. When we're not sure what to do, ask 'what does love require of me...?' When we're not sure what to do, stop and pause and ask the question 'what does love require of me...?'
The first great command is to love God with your whole mind, heart and soul. Yes, love is to guide us, but love isn't a feeling. Love is action. We show love by doing things. We show love of God by worshiping Him they way He asked.

Politics is War by Other Means