Originally Posted by cowdoc
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Jim_K
While the John Deere 40,50,55 series tractors still bring good money.

Try buying a low hour John Deere 7810. Those tractors seem to bring a real premium. As do models like the 4960 and the 8410.

In some cases more than they sold for new.

The 10 series JD's are probably the best ever.
(loader/general mid-size hp farm tractor)

(that will get the IH guys all riled up)

A friend had a 7410 JD MFWD for haying/choring-absolutely loved the tractor. Traded it for a 7420 and it was a electronic nightmare. Fought it for a while and then traded for a new 7430. It seems to be a good tractor

A friend of mine who farms a bunch of acres has a 7430 Premium and he likes it. But they also have a newer JD combine and it refused to run during an emissions system issue. Sit and wait out in the field for a couple hours until the JD tech arrived to tell the worthless computer that everything is okay.

That is what I can't stand. There might not be anything to worry about mechanically but if the computer thinks there is you are chit outta luck.

We have a 6430 Premium and late this past fall the JD guy came out to work on a hydraulic issue. While he was there he said I'll go ahead and do an update on the computer. The next day and 10 hours later he got the tractor to operate.

If the computer tells the machine 'something is wrong'(even when nothing is actually wrong), the machine won't work.

I hate it.