Years ago I decided to make up a .338 Win. Mag. using a "Classic Stainless" barreled action. I sent it to Bansners along with Ted Blackburn's bottom metal that allowed 4 in the magazine. The stock in Confederate Grey is very good to me and I like every thing about it.

A few years ago I picked up a LAW .300 Win. with the Bansners stock. It appeared to be similar to the stock Bansners put on my .338. One difference was the aluminum bedding block the LAW rifle had, my old Bansners does not have it and does not seem to miss it as my custom .338 has never met a Barnes X bullet it does not like, which is perfect for Alaska's critters.

The other difference between my rifle and the Bansners was the forearm. For some reason they decided to shorten the forearm of the LAW stock and I did not like it and sold the rifle after it hung out unfired in my safe for a couple of years. I really like the Ed Brown designed 704 action though and if I could get a old style Mod. 70 trigger fitted to one I would give some thought to another one in a hot rod 6.5 or 7mm cartridge.

Any way, I am a big fan of the Bansners stock on my .338 and if I ever opted for another synthetic on a rifle it would be my first choice. As much as I love my "custom" .338 Winny for Alaska's weather and hunts, I am still a blue steel and walnut guy at heart.