I have several rifles stocked with the "old" Bansers, which came out of the mold with a longer forearm, about half of which I installed myself. But I (and some others) prefer shortening the forearm, partly because it saves weight and we have short enough arms not to need any more--but mostly because they're stiffer when shorter,so are easier to bed free-floated.

In fact, the first rifle Mark Bansner made for me (long before LAW was ever dreamed up) had a short forearm. So did the super-accurate .300 Winchester Magnum Charlie Sisk built me a few years later. So does the lightweight .338 Winchester Magnum I've been shooting for almost 30 years--and installed the stock myself. So does the new classic/modern .257 Roberts I've been putting together for way too long now.

If somebody prefers the full-length forearm of original Bansner stock, why not? But it's a lot easier to get 'em to shoot really well with the forend shortened a couple inches.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck