The main problem was the spring loaded button that holds the floorplate shut. They had drilled the hole for it in the wrong place and then re-drilled (or milled) it larger to correct it. The oversized hole allowed the button to sort of wallow around and if you pushed the button sideways it would release the floorplate. The button was also blued on a stainless bottom metal.

I turned an offset stainless bushing and pressed it into their oversize hole, replaced the blue button with a factory stainless piece and replaced the weak spring they had provided with a factory spring.

The hinge pin for the floorplate was undersized and allowed the plate to wobble around when open and swing back and forth when closed. That was an easy fix, I just drilled it out and installed a larger pin.

I don't remember for sure, but seems like I also had to drill out the action screw holes so that the screws didn't bind as they were tightened.

All in all, way more work than should be required for what should have been a bolt on part!

Winchester rifles and Swarovski scopes.