I have heard of some of PTG's shenanigans in the past...but like I said, I figured I would roll the dice. I bought it through Midway so I figured a return would be fairly painless if I had any issues (instead of dealing with PTG directly).

To Brad's comment about machined depth of the unit, I had no issue with this one. It fit flush with the inletting just like the Williams unit did that it replaced. Here are a couple of pics that compare one rifle with a Williams and the other rifle that I installed the PTG unit on. Both of these stocks are McMillan and when I ordered them, I specified the same inletting for Williams 1pc bottom metal.

PTG on the left; Williams on the right

[Linked Image]

PTG on the left; Williams on the right

[Linked Image]

As I mentioned previously, when I installed this unit, I also installed some NECG stainless allen head action screws. These come to you longer than necessary so I had to grind them down to fit. I went slow checking that I didn't bind the bolt or bottom out on the rear. When I was done, I put the calipers on them and the lengths were essentially the same (few thou longer actually) than the factory supplied action screws. My reason for pointing this out just confirms that the PTG unit is not milled any shallower than the Williams.

Not saying I am a PTG fanboy in all this...still like the Williams units and don't plan to change out the Williams on the other rifle any time soon...just thought I would share my experience.