Originally Posted by szihn
My 35 Remington experience is exactly like gunner500's above.

I had a Marlin 336 rifle with a 24" barrel and a pistol grip, with a 1/2 magazine. I mounted a Williams 5D peep sight on it. It was very accurate and I killed a deer, and hunted elk with it one time, but I didn't get an elk with it. My buddy borrowed it and killed a nice black bear on the same elk hunt. I shot Remington 200 grain round nose a lot,. but never killed any game with them. The only bullet I ever shot deer with, and what I had in Idaho for the elk hunt was loaded with 220 grain Speers. They were excellent on the deer and always exited leaving holes about the size of silver dollars. I expect at the close range I was hunting elk in the Selway, they would have been a really good elk round too. In that area I hunted for several years and I never once got a shot at any elk that was over 60 yards with most of them being at 35 and less. About 6 feet.

I am currently looking for another 35 Remington. I have always liked the old round. The 3 rifles I would consider are a Remington 14 or 141, or a copy of the old marlin, but if I go for a marlin I want a rifle, not a carbine. Maybe if I get one I will not be so foolish as to let someone buy it from me again. If I get another I will again try to kill some elk with it, God willing.

I never got to use the big 220's on a cow elk or Nilgai bull, but have absolutely no doubt they'd put either down hard and fast inside 200 yards, I need to go back to that big white oak and dig the 220 that blasted through that big bedded 8pt's shoulders and have a look at it.

Trump Won!