For several decades I have used is a single staff, my height, with a padded fork at the top. I carve them out of straight birch saplings, making them roughly (in both senses) 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter for a nice relaxed grip that fits my hand. One of the readers here dubbed it a "Moses staff". smile.

It's primary use is for walking on rough terrain, usually wearing a backpack, but I often also use it as a binocular rest, and have shot game off it several times. I have those things scattered all over the place up here, but since I painted the upper half of the last one I made neon orange, I've been using that one for about 15 years now. Catches the eye when I leave somewhere,...

About 5 years ago I bought a regular Bog Pod (pre Death Grip) , which works well for what it is designed for, but not so much as a walking aid. I think I have used it more for glassing than shooting, tho.....

I had to replace something or other on it., and the service was excellent. I don't remember if I was charged for the part(s) or not. I bought a camera adaptor/handle for it, but haven't yet field -used it. That adapter is right heavy - unlikely I'll go alpining with that part, unless it is solely a photo op.

Last edited by las; 01/16/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.