Have been shooting the 264 since 1964. For 140 gr class bullets the very slowest powders are advisable for velocities of 3200 + FPS in a 26" BBl. Powders like VV 24N41, N570, Rel 33 & Retumbo. H-1000 way to fast except for 100gr bullets. IMR-7828 usable but on the fast side for the 264. My personal use of bullets has been for the 120gr mono's like Barnes, Hammer. GMX etc. I have been taking elk regularly with these bullets since 1994 ( Barnes 120 X ), now the TSX. They have proved exceptionally elk capable from what ever angle thru heavy bone.with absolute minimal blood shot meat . We take elk each season with the 120gr mono's in all our 6.5's from 260 , 6.5x55 etc. Years of in the field experience has proven their capability & dependably. Gave up on the C&C bullets , Gave up on the bonded , partitioned or any lead core bullet because of their destructiveness on meat.. Especially when dense muscle or bone is struct. .You don't always get a rib cage shoot. Just like this year I had to place the shot through a window in the brush thru both front shoulders or would have not had a shot. 6.5 121 gr Hammer with complete pass thru & very little blood shot meat. As is said eat right up to the hole.