Since you don't have a 7 you need to fix that. I would look at the 7 PRC, 7 LRM and the 27 Nosler. Light and long range are some what contradictory. I shot a friends T3 light in 300 Short mag and it was too much for both of us, he developed a flinch and blew an easy shot on an Elk and then put a muzzle brake on which made it really unpleasant to shoot from a covered bench. I have no problem with my 8 lb. 300 Winchester. Dropping down to a 7mm and 175-190 grain bullets is a significant improvement on the recoil end of things. Not sure about the Nosler it would be about the same as a 300 with maybe sharper recoil motion. The 7 WSM is a good one too and even better on the recoil factor. The long VLD bullets seem to do well in a velocity window around 2,850 to 3,050 fps so a lot of horse power is not needed. The 7 WSM can get to the lower velocity node with the 180s easily.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli