Originally Posted by Spotshooter
You can’t force someone to pay for a Fence they don’t want...

IF the fence is on the property line and both agree to it... then sure you should both pay for it - just good neighbors and I’ve been there.
I’ve also been where the other person doesn’t have means to pay, or doesn’t want to have a fence at all.... (I had dogs, they like open views)...

SO. ... What if the other guy doesn’t want a fence At all ?

Guess what - it has to be on your property (inside the line) and you have to pay for it ...

People assume it’s a law... Go find a law that says you can force someone to pay for a fence you put up and they don’t need or want...

LOL... we had a professor from california who didn’t want to pay capital gains by a 3 acre farm house plot and immediately he put in a IRON FENCE with stone pillars around his 3 acre farm house he just bought... Do you think he asked the neighbors to pay for half of the fence... BWHAHAHAHA. You guys are funny (ie. Who picks how much that fence you are making the neighbor pay for can cost?)

Might not be law where you live, but.......

Louisiana Law......

Art. 685. Common fences.

A fence on a boundary is presumed to be common unless there is proof to the contrary.

When adjoining lands are enclosed, a landowner may compel his neighbors to contribute to the expense of making and repairing common fences by which the respective lands are separated.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21