If I'm reading it right, and I believe I am, it is the responsibility of any livestock owner to keep their stock fenced in........not the responsibility of the adjoining landowner to keep them out. If my cows get out, and get onto a neighbors property that is not fenced off, and do damage, I am not responsible............the first time, but I will be thereafter.

That way in Arkansas now, but it has not always been that way. Free Range went away mostly back in the late 1950's and early 1960's, but not everywhere at once. I guess by county, but not sure. I know of one place where cows were roaming free, and the State Highway had a cattle guard in it, until the late 1970's. People fenced out, and the proof is that they did and most still do put the wire on the outside of their property fence. They don't know why except that is how it was always done. smile They have no idea that a cow should push against the post and not the staple. Of course most build with steel posts now, but they still put the wire on the outside. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.