Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Not looking all that good for String Theory, yet still better than God theory...which, being a matter of faith, doesn't even rate as a theory.

Again you are showing your faith. Either the universe is self organized or organized by an outside force. One appeals to fairy tales of infinite nothingingness. The other appeals to an Infinite Adequate Cause.

Not at all.

It is clear that matter/energy has certain properties and that it is these properties that shapes and forms the universe on every scale, gravity forming stars, planets, galaxies and clusters on the grand scale and forming interactions in chemistry on Earth and other planets.

There is no sign of a magic man orchestrating all of this, it is self organising on the principles and attributes of physics - electromagnetism, strong force, week force, gravity, etc, etc.

You are again using faith to believe matter/energy have certain properties. You believe they get these properties simply be existing! That is the height of arbitrary. I can just as easily say matter/energy have no properties unless given and sustained by The Infinite Intelligent Energy Source. The very things you believe just popped into existence are the very things I use to demonstrate the need for a Creator.

There you go making declarations again. The properties of matter/energy/space/time demonstrably exist. Electromagnetism demonstrably exists, nuclear energy demonstrably exist, the relativity of time is proven, gravity can be calculated to the point where we can land probes on other planets.

But nothing in the way of a magical creator has been detected, planets orbit because of gravity and mass, planets form, rain falls, rivers flow according to principles of physics, not magic, not a magical puppet master.

We understand that the world works on the principles of physics. We do not know why they have the values they have.

To assume that because we don't know why matter/energy has these values it must be the work of god, is a faith faith based belief.

It's a fallacy called the God of the Gaps.

It's not faith to realize that we don't know why matter/energy has a set of values, but it become a matter of faith to say ''God did it''

You constantly assume your position is the only one. If it was so convincing why do phd evolutionists become Creationists? Your faith in the untestable is to be lauded.

It's not my assumption or my position. Evolution is an established fact, organisms evolve. The only question being the mechanisms and drivers of evolution.

As to why some PhD's become creationist, that is a matter of their personal belief and not a matter of science....

Nonsense. James Tour doubts evolution on the basis of scientific evidence, or rather, the lack thereof.

More like his own flawed interpretation of evidence. An interpretation that is not shared by the vast majority who work in the field, or anyone who is not looking at the world through the filter of faith.