Originally Posted by shinbone
I use the graphing function in Excel.

It is easy, too. Once I set up the graph the first time, I just reuse the same file under a new name for each new load. The graph is automatically made as I type in the data.

By graphing the results, I can fit all the results of a particular bullet/powder combination, from an initial rough powder test to final fine-tuning of charge weight and seating depth, on one sheet of notebook paper. Plus, I've got a good record of what didn't work, as well.

Probably overkill for most folks, but I find it useful to keep track of what I have tried, and to spot hidden trends with a particular rifle.

I don keep targets anymore, but when I did I usually just put a picture of it on page 2 of an excel spread sheet. Now I just make a note like (sucks, good or retry) of average groups. For me the load data and chronograph is more important. When at the reloading bench I have a little notebook that I write all pertinent data into then after testing I load chronograph and load data into excel. I don’t have one on this machine with picture, but kinda like this.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If the load performs and deserves a better look, I have another spreadsheet to use 30 shot chronograph data to see how the load actually performs over a wider number. This has all the load data on it also.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Swifty