Nope, it's not easier 4x8, seam it and go. It's a rectangle, not that complicated. Windows at about 40-42 inches from the floor, lay the wood on the long edge, seams under the window and over, fill out the sides, tape the seams with 4" glass and then cover the entire sides with glass to seal out moisture. 2x2 under and over the windows and in the corners, around the base to tie everything together, every joint between 2x2 and luan is glued with PL Premium and screwed together with coated deck screws. I made the roof like a house, dowel rod screwed, glued and glassed in the apex. Light and super strong and has weathered the south west Texas summers and winters. I used regular automotive style fiberglass resin, normally I would use epoxy resin, but I buy the glass from the boat building supply houses, whoever is cheaper.

Get you a piece of paper and sketch it out, figure out what windows, door and chairs you want and order them, once they arrive, measure the windows for the cutouts, sit in the chair and with your rifle figure out the most comfortable height, make that the bottom edge of the window, factor in the shelf, and add that to your sketch, buy lumber and get to throwing chit together, save your drops of luan for shelves, use a 1x2 on edge to brace under the back edge of the shelf. When you get everything glued, screwed and glassed, paint it and install the windows and door using the same PL Premium glue, the camouflage the thing using those faux marble/granite foam paint rollers at HD or Lowe's, get the kids and family out and autograph it with hand prints and hunt out of it for years to come.

If you have any more questions, pm me and I will give you my cell number, I can pretty much walk you through any problem.

The only pictures I actually have of the blind in question, this was the first one, trust me when I say bigger is better. I learned quite a bit about building deer blinds from this first one:

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member