I have six, all 4'x4', big enough for one adult and one child / small hunter. Mine are on 12' 4x4s. I preassemble the walls on the base using screws so I can take it apart for transport and assembly. I use treated plywood and I let it cure for about a month before painting. I use 3/4" plywood for the base over treated 2x6" frame. I use the other half of the 3/4" for the door assembly as the thicker wood holds screws for the hinges better. I build one 4x6" but didn't need the room for one person and it's much more expensive as you have to go up in size for everything and you have more waste. I make a 6x6 frame for the roof and cover it with Ondura 4-ft x 6.58-ft Corrugated Asphalt Roof Panel from Lowes. Much easier to work with than tin and quieter when an acorn falls on it!!! For assembly, I install the legs on the base and get it upright. From there, I use an extension ladder and slide the wall sections up one at a time, same for the roof. Good luck!

During the off season, I run string around the window openings to keep owls from landing inside, they have made a real mess in the past.

Last edited by 257Bob; 02/26/20.