Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by tzone
Looking at different rounds for the 6.5 CM and was thinking there are some damn good bulltes in 120-130gr for 6.5. Will the 6.5CM push the 120gr ttsx fast enough to be effective?

120gr NBT work well at deer killing velocities?

I've never shot a deer with either bullet at ranges over +/- 300 yards, but all of the deer that I've shot with them have died promptly.

I think that the 130 grain AB offers a nice balance of accuracy, penetration, and velocity potential when compared to any of the other currently available 6.5mm component bullet suitable for shooting medium game. It has become my preferred bullet for use in medium case capacity cartridges like the 256 Newton, 260 REM, and 6.5 CM. Since I don't shoot anything except pdogs at ranges over a quarter mile, I don't need to shoot VLD style of bullets.

That said, over the past 25 or so years I've shot a bunch of deer with a variety of 6.5mm component bullets running in weight and style from the 95 grain VMax to the 140 grain Partition. Tags were punched every time.a rifle was fired and a bullet passed into or through the pleural cavity.

Pretty tough to argue with that!

Camp is where you make it.