Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Wrongside
Originally Posted by SKane

And I haven't seen a bullet mentioned in this thread that wouldn't be up-to-snuff.

Very true.

I've been hunting with the 147ELD for the last couple years and been very happy with its performance on deer and elk.

But this year I got to witness a friend shooting his Alberta WT buck with the 127LRX. ~100 meters, maybe a little under. Shot #1, full frontal. Penetrated stem to stern, left a ~2" exit just above the tail. Deer went down hard, spinning 180, but was making some noise about getting up. So the hunter put shot #2 stern to stem- broke several ribs, passed thru/along the spine/busted front shoulder and came to rest against the skin. Bullet looked like it came out of a Barnes promotion piece. I'll have to put a picture up.

I'm going to try out the 127 for myself next year. wink

I’m glad I don’t have to field dress that one!!

It actually wasn't too bad at all. Both bullets missed the abdominal cavity because of the shot angles. The deer was shot from slightly below, so the first bullet entered the brisket, skipped above the guts, and exited beside the spine right near the iliac crest. The second bullet entered the back near the diaphragm and came to rest under the skin just below the jaw.