Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by tzone
Looking at different rounds for the 6.5 CM and was thinking there are some damn good bulltes in 120-130gr for 6.5. Will the 6.5CM push the 120gr ttsx fast enough to be effective?

120gr NBT work well at deer killing velocities?

Sure will. So will the 125 Partition and 129 Interlock.

I did pick up a box of Hornady American Whitetail, which are 129 interlocks.

I bought a box of this stuff and it put three shots into under half an inch at 100m. I shot two fallow does last year with it and the good old, ever reliable Hornady SP knocked the snot out of them. I worked up some handloads with the same 129gn Hornady SP and they shoot a bit over half an inch, but I haven't been able to match that group with the Whitetail ammo. However, I am currently loading the 130gn Sierra Game Changer with H4350 but have only taken a middle sized pig with it. The GC fully penetrated.

The OP got it right with the 120 - 130gn bullet weights. There are a bunch of good bullets in that weight and to me that was the weights I had in mind when I put the 6.5 CM barrel on. If I want to shoot a 140gn bullet I'll take a 7mm. One that nobody mentions is the RWS 127gn Cone Point. I'm loading that in my 6.5x55 and it groups very well at around 2 800fps. It also kills very well.

Last edited by Elvis; 01/31/20.