Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I just put in a Timney Trigger in my Browning Hells Canyon 6.5 Creedmoor. Shooting factory Hornady 143gr ELD X's.

So, I am happy with the groups (5 shot) but wondering what causes vertical stringing. Could it be my shooting technique at the bench?

[Linked Image]

1) I have had this happen a few times when the barrel was touching the stock. As the barrel heats up, it pushes further up from the stock and the point of impact climbs with each shot.

Slide a dollar bill between the stock and the barrel, and make sure it goes all the way to the receiver. Where they touch the stock can be relieved for a barrel clearance fit.

2) If the new trigger interfered with the stock in the rear, it could pry the barrel down in the front, down into touching forestock.

Put carbon black on the trigger and assemble the rifle. See if black shows up on the stock. Relieve the stock so the new trigger fits.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps