Drover: I have been buying and using Leupold scopes for over 55 (fifty five!) year now - never had a failure, never had a glitch, never had a problem!
I currently own, and use, afield and at the range, MANY dozens of Leupold scopes!
I trust them implicitly!
When the conditions are tough and the stakes high - I use my Leupolds exclusively!
I also sold (via my side line business) Leupold scopes for nearly 25 years (until I retired!) and sold MANY hundreds of them!
In all that time I had 2 (two!) Leupold scopes returned for warranty - both scopes, I am sure, had been severely abused!
Both of those scopes, that I sold to customers, were repaired virtually by instantly by the folks at Leupold - no questions asked, no hassles, no excuses, no bullschit!
Try and get that done with your nikons, your zeiss's, your weavers - etc etc etc!
In fact I bought 2 (two) Leupold scopes today (used), and from my source I expect them to have been honestly used by Hunters who have outlived there uses.
I plan on using one myself and sell the other Leupold for profit.
I passed, today, on used scopes by zeiss, bausch & lomb, weaver, simmons, burris and a couple others.
Buy Leupold - buy American - buy with confidence.
Long live Leupold & Stevens a fine American Company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy