Tikka T1X 16" Range Day;
As life sometimes goes, this is the first time I've managed to get the T1X 16" out to the range.

Conditions were not fantastic for shooting, with gusting winds and variable light. However it was a relatively balmy 9° C and the rain had stopped so off I went.

Here it is with the Bushnell 4-16X AO
[Linked Image]

Here's the target and respective ammunition fired at each dot.

The dots are 1/2" and all groups are 10 shots.
[Linked Image]

It's interesting that except for a flyer with each group that the Punta Hueca Argentine stuff matched the old Federal Gold Medal. Via one of my nephews, I picked up 4 bricks of the Punta Hueca years back. It is marked "Fabricados en EE.UU and has the familiar Super X head stamp. It's a 40gr HP standard velocity which has been so consistent that it's my go to "chronograph testing" ammunition.

At any rate, for a windy day the little arm shows promise.

The only higher end match ammunition shot was the Federal Gold Medal, the rest was the first stuff that came out of the shelves in the safe.

For whatever reason I completely forgot CCI Blazers which have been very accurate in a lot of our .22's and I intend to test some both at 25 and 50 yards - hopefully on a calmer day.

Thanks for looking and all the best to you all as we head into longer days and warmer weather.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"