A great friggin’ day for me.

Ordinarily everyone goes over to my ex BiL’s house to watch the game; solid couple, great family. My Ex has been going through turbulent times and had separated from all of us for some years, now she wants to attend but asks that I not be present. No worries, I WANT my Ex to get her head back on straight for our son’s and granddaughter’s sake, I don’t gotta be there.

So I go to drop the grandkid off there to be with her cousins but she doesn’t want to go, she can read between the lines already and feels bad that I can’t be there. So she chooses to spend the afternoon with Grampa instead. Kinda cool when a little kid is concerned about your welfare 😎

Later on by halftime we meet her daddy after he gets out of work and I drop the kid off.

Just then I get a text from Ex-BiL’s missus telling me the coast was now clear and did I want to come over for the second half.

Heck yeah 😎

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744