Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
I try to stay off the Mahomes wagon but it is really hard to do. He is a very good quarterback obviously. He seems to be well grounded and works hard at his craft. But more and more I hear stories of things he does off the field and they are all very good.

Had a girl local to were I live diagnosed with a rare and fatal cancer of the brain stem. She was at the Chiefs practice in St Joseph Mo. Mahomes talked with her and spent time with her. He ended up getting 2 of the Rubber wrist bands with her name on them. He was wearing them last night. She passed away this fall but I bet her parents were thrilled to see him hoisting that trophy with her wrist brand on.

Another story was he and his girlfriend went to eat at a local pizza joint. No one bothered them as they were eating even though they knew who he was. When he went to leave he thanked all the patrons for letting him and his girl have a regular meal and not bothering them. He picked up everyones tab in the place. So while I can understand getting sick of all the hype surrounding him because I get sick of it also. He has shown so far to be humble and thankful for what his god given talents have brought him. Hope he stays that away.

A retired Texas Tech tennis coach here in Lubbock has a son that suffered a brain injury in a golf cart accident. He started a foundation to raise funds for families of kids with brain injuries and "sold" wrist bands to raise funds. Mahomes has worn a Team Luke bracelet in all games...along with other bracelets. When Mahomes' bracelet broke during the Patriots game, he called the coach for replacement so he could keep wearing it....and wore it when he played in the Super Bowl. He's a good dude through and through. I've also read about the girl with cancer and Mahomes wearing her bracelet. Pretty cool...and it helps the cause.

Yep he seems to be a good guy.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....