Jim Wi: I am a "dedicated handloader" and prefer, for many reasons, to handload for all my Rifles.
Over the past 6 decades I have handloaded for virtually every centerfire Rifle I own - and I own a LOT of them!
A while back I bought a Remington Model 700 VSSF (Varmint Stainless Synthetic Fluted) Varmint Rifle in caliber 22-250 Remington.
I mounted a Leupold 6.5x20 variable scope on it and decided to try some Winchester factory ammo in it that I had taken in with a trade.
The factory load is the Winchester 55 grain "Polymer Tip Rapid Expansion" rounds.
It shot so exceptionally well with that factory bullet (initial 5 shot group at 100 yards measuring .389"!) that I decided to go ahead and just use these bullets.
I have only taken it to the range a couple more times and according to my loading log in not the best conditions (slight winds each time!) for sight in verifications - it has averaged .462" there at 100 yards for five shot groupings!
I highly recommend these 55 grain Polymer Tip Rapid Expansion loads for Varminting and predator Hunting. I have taken Rock Chucks, Badger and Coyote with these factory rounds to date.
Best of luck to you with the Tikka and I hope you do as well with the Winchester 55 grain Polymer Tip Rapid Expansion bullets as I have.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy