Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jim Wi: I am a "dedicated handloader" and prefer, for many reasons, to handload for all my Rifles.
Over the past 6 decades I have handloaded for virtually every centerfire Rifle I own - and I own a LOT of them!
A while back I bought a Remington Model 700 VSSF (Varmint Stainless Synthetic Fluted) Varmint Rifle in caliber 22-250 Remington.
I mounted a Leupold 6.5x20 variable scope on it and decided to try some Winchester factory ammo in it that I had taken in with a trade.
The factory load is the Winchester 55 grain "Polymer Tip Rapid Expansion" rounds.
It shot so exceptionally well with that factory bullet (initial 5 shot group at 100 yards measuring .389"!) that I decided to go ahead and just use these bullets.
I have only taken it to the range a couple more times and according to my loading log in not the best conditions (slight winds each time!) for sight in verifications - it has averaged .462" there at 100 yards for five shot groupings!
I highly recommend these 55 grain Polymer Tip Rapid Expansion loads for Varminting and predator Hunting. I have taken Rock Chucks, Badger and Coyote with these factory rounds to date.
Best of luck to you with the Tikka and I hope you do as well with the Winchester 55 grain Polymer Tip Rapid Expansion bullets as I have.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I don't even waste my time with 5 shot groupings in my Tikka 1 in 14 varmint rifle, because its just 1 little hole for 5 shots... 10 shots tells more of a story... Oh, by the way, that's with the 50gr v-max that every 22-250 I've tried it in loves. I'd send the OP's rifle back and see what the fu ck is wrong with it, if it were mine...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA