I'm in Berks County.....you're welcome to hit me up as well if you like.

Before you buy ANYTHING, I would suggest you wait till July and come down to Dixon's Gunmakers' Fair. You'll see tons of rifles, get to talk to plenty of skilled builders, and have the time of your life. Jan 31/Feb 1 was another good show over in Lewisburg, but that's history now, lol.

Don't be afraid of long barrels. I hunt with a 46" barreled rifle and have no issued going into the thickets we have here in Berks when I've followed up on shots. I toted it for deer drives up in Sproul SF early in the FL season this year, as well, and had no issues in the laurel or the mountain slopes.

I'm also a big bore fan. My rifle is based on an early Berks/Christian Springs architecture and sports a 62-cal bore.

A pic...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I shot that doe near the very end of this past flintlock season at 105 yards. The entry looks far back, but she was quartering away. The exit went out through the far leg. Ball might still be flying for all I know. wink

If you come down for Dixon's and want to shoot a bit, there are SGL ranges not far away, and you could shoot my 62, plus I have a 36-cal rifle and a 16ga fowler.

Last edited by tddeangelo; 02/08/20.