Bareshaft at distance will tell you different things, first is visual on rest position, you can see the nock kick up, down, sideways, adjust rest to straight flight. Second is spine, if you can't get straight flight bareshaft your spine is wrong. If the spine isn't perfect but close you can get good flight with fletchings.

My buddy had a new string put on his bow at a shop, drew a bull elk tag last for sept. He shot it up to 30 yards in his back yard then took it back to re'paper tune. He brought it over and his 30yd groups were shakey, sometimes 4 inch and other times flyers, his 50yd were pretty bad, fairly new elite and arrows should have been close in spine. I really didn't look at his setup as he was certain the shop tuned it and that's the way it always shot. I told him to pick his worst fletched arrow and I bareshafted it. She shot at 30 and it was 4 ft left and sideways when it hit the dirt pile backstop... holy crap... give me that damn thing. The nock was 1/4 inch high, his pins were maxed out he couldn't get past a 50 pin. But it was paper tuned, noisy also. Somehow the fletching straightened it out enough to keep around the target. 10 shots and he was tuned. Reset pins, it was quiet and he was deadly at 70 yards... he said maybe that's why I haven't been able to kill a javalina the last couple years, thought they were just my nemesis, kept shooting and missing. Besides he killed a 270 bull he text me last month that he killed a javi, what a difference a tuned bow makes.

Anyway target vs broadhead shooting are two different things... bareshaft with a fieldpoint then bareshaft with a broadhead, I've done it, get the kids and women indoors because that sucker can go anywhere, a drastic difference between fieldtip and broadhead. That's what helical is for, 4 vanes and possibly an advantage of offset. If I was field or olympic shooting I wouldn't need anything but basic straight fletching.

Bareshaft tune adjusting rest for best flight, you have to be back aways to see the flight.
Shoot fletched fieldtips to set pins.
Practice with a broadhead.

Kent