Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by GunGeek
There are so many ways you can interpret Constantine's "vision" because there's no definitive document from the 4th century to clarify his claims. So we are left to speculate...

Don't forget, drug use was VERY prevalent with both political and religious leaders. Consider that many visions could be drug induced. Or they could just be 100% made up for whatever purpose the writer wanted. We just don't know.

What I can tell you is... "God" as we know it in religious writings didn't visit Constantine anymore than "he" visited Paul, or anyone else. "God" is a purely made up, human construct.

There are and have been many who would differ with you on that supposition.

And your evidence for that?

I'll turn it right back on you. What is your evidence supporting that statement?

I can walk in any Protestant church here in the South and get at least a dozen people speaking of their personal evidence of God.

I'll surely not waste hours jousting with you or anybody else over the evidence of God. Find somebody else.

You and your agnostic buddies can stroll on by any Methodist, Baptist, Catholic Church you choose and have at it.

Wouldn't have flown in any Catholic Church around here either. I can think of a couple Priests I've known(unfortunately now gone Home) that would have sat him down. listened and explained faith and belief if he was willing to listen. I've found that real "Men of God" aren't exclusive to any Christian religion.

This is true. I've always found it funny how denominations will claim exclusivity, though. smile

The vast majority of religions and denominations do. They hold mutually exclusive beliefs, and each claims only they can be correct.

They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong.

Probably because NONE of them are ALL wrong...The Bible IS the word of God, but it is told through the eyes of man which are imperfect. It's wise to take the new testament as a whole and understand the message of Jesus, it's foolish to take it word for word, it's the life of Jesus through the EYES of men.

The message is clear enough for those who listen, Jesus is the Son of God and no one shall meet the Father but through Him...the rest of the crap modern "denominations" try to sell you is just that.

Look more at the message and the preacher preaching it than the words on the sign in front of the church. Probably the most dedicated Men of God I have ever met(passed away a few years ago) was the Priest at the Church where my kids were baptized. Someone asked him about the difference between the Christian religions at a Church breakfast, his was response was something along the lines of "well I like to go down to the Lutheran Church when they do breakfast...they make better coffee". I miss that guy.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči