Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by TF49
.. you may remember when I related how God did indeed speak to me. That was all the evidence and all the proof I needed...

How does a person who has never heard a God speak
to them before, then verify or know for certain it was
their actual God?

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
...Jesus walking with you?

Footprints in the sand?

Legit question...

To be sure, Satan has his counterfeits out there. Evil spirits. There are false apostles, deceitful, workers etc out there..... 2 Corinthians 11:14 says “......And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.”

Many pursue wrong ways in their desire to hear from God. The “echo chamber” of one’s own mind/desires comes to mind.

But, when God speaks, or otherwise communicates it will always be in accordance with His Word.....never in conflict with it. This is often the second witness the Bible refers to.

Further, John 10:27....”My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me.”

Also read John 10:1-5 ...... the sheep know the masters voice and will not recognize a stranger’s voice.

The Creator can communicate in clear terms, in ways that are understood. See my earlier post in this thread on how God communicates.

Edit to add: Post referred to is on 2/10

Last edited by TF49; 02/12/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”